Friday, June 29, 2012

Mother's Day, Virginia Beach Style.

We drove to Virginia Beach late Saturday Night and when we got there Oscar was already asleep. Perfect! So we laid him down on his bed of towels ;-) 


 I really love the beach! The sun and the waves and the ocean! They have such a calming effect on me and I enjoy the feeling of stress leaving my shoulders :-)












I just love my boys! They make me smile :-)
We went to a fun little seaside shack for Lunch on Mother's Day and it was perfect!
Jordan even peeled all the shrimp for me ;-) What a man I have!
And I got fried pickles! Which is my total cheat food!

This is the view from out hotel room! Heaven, if you ask me! ;-)


 There was a carnival just down the street from out hotel too, so that night we walked down and got to ride some of the rides. The kids loved it!

 There was even a Ferris Wheel taht was SO big we could see out over the whole city!
 Oscar looks scared huh? :-)



Both kids really loved the Ferris Wheel though, until I showed Makayla the ground... OOPS!
Bad Mama moment!


 The kids won some little stuffed animals by throwing darts. 
And Makayla even popped TWO balloons with one dart! What a talented little lady!

We finished the night at Ben&Jerry's. What a great Mother's Day!

There were Monster Trucks on the beach too. Look how HUGE these things are!


 And sea art everywhere. It was recommended to see King Tridant somewhere, but we never quite made it until we were driving away and saw it through a building.

Oscar was afraid of the waves at first, so Makayla said
"Hold my hand and I'll help you so the waves don't knock you over"
I sure do love how well they look out for each other!
Moments like these make my little Mother heart melt from pride!

Eventually Oscar got over his fear of the waves and was having fun pointing them out to everyone when they started to come in. This picture is one of my favorites because both kids look so ecstatically happy in it! And that's exactly what the beach should be :-)





So glad I chose this guy to be the father of my kids!
We have had some great adventures together!

And these kids! Well I don't want to brag or anything, but they are pretty terrific!
They make being a Mom so much easier!

May there always be a sea shell in your pocket
& sand between your toes


We loved Virginia Beach! I can't wait to go back!

Love these little posers too ;-)


1 comment:

  1. I love Makayla's pose in that first picture in front of the VA Beach sign. So cute.

    Fried pickles: They always sound so yummy but I've never tried them.

    VA beach looks like a lot of fun. Also, you are very photogenic. And I love the saying about a shell in your pocket and sand in your toes. :)

    ReplyDelete