Wednesday, April 10, 2013

King's Dominion

So after just a couple weeks in DC we went back down to Richmond again so Jordan could take care of some work issues. It was perfect timing though because then we could play hookie one day and head over to the nearest water/theme park King's Dominion!

 photo 8d700316-eada-4632-b265-75c89fd67dbe_zps33223e96.jpg



 photo 3db623fa-c032-443d-888c-de44fe3619f4_zps3474474d.jpg


We started the day out at their water park then after lunch we headed for the rides!
I can't believe my kids are getting big enough to ride rides now! I can't wait to take them on a roller coaster some day!

 photo bec46478-a39b-4997-9529-f50ad56ab78b_zps624d20f7.jpg


Ok, so when I said roller coaster I had something bigger in mind, but I will take this for now.
Here we all are on a kid roller coaster getting ready for the first trip. After one trip Oscar was done though, but Makayla wanted to ride it again and again and again!
 photo IMAG1716.jpg



 photo P8080206.jpg


Makayla was big enough to ride this one all by herself! 
It was so cool too, just a car driving around where ever you wanted it to go on the road, no tracks involved. Needless to say she got stuck more than once, but she LOVED it! 
Check out that grin!
 photo P8080203.jpg


Oscar is a BIG fan of dinosaurs (really, how many little boys aren't?)
He loves going to the Smithsonian with the dinosaurs, so when we saw this area of the park we really wanted to go in! Just look at him, he can't even take his eyes off of T-Rex!
 photo IMAG1724-1.jpg


Unfortunately it was EXPENSIVE, especially for the 5 of us to walk though and look at the dinosaurs.
So we just stood outside and took pictures with T-Rex, then Nicole and I went on a roller coaster nearby. Just as our coaster was starting up the first hill, I look down into the dino park and see my kids walking around with a complete stranger! And Jordan was no where to be seen!!!!
Needless to say, I panicked and couldn't breathe the rest of the time on the roller coaster!

When I finally was done, I ran to the end of the line and Jordan was just sitting there leaning against a fence, I was so mad! But apparently some of the workers had taken pity on my dino-loving little man and took him and his sister on a private tour through the pathways!
They came back with the BIGGEST grins!
 photo P8080234.jpg


Their favorite ride by far, was the bumper cars! The two of them had so much fun finding each other and ramming into one another! You could hear them laughing and yelling to each other. 
It was my favorite part too!
 photo P8080230.jpg


 On our way out of the park the light show started and the kids had fun dancing to the music and lights!
By the end of the night we were definitely all ready for bed!
 photo P8080244.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment